Generating leads is the lifeblood of any business, regardless of size or industry. Sales experts know this and have put together a variety of lead generation strategies that make a big difference.
In this blog post, we’ll discuss some of these strategies and how they can help your business grow. Whether you are just starting out or you have been in business for years, these tips will help you increase your lead flow and boost your bottom line!
1. The first step is to identify your ideal customer. If you’re selling baby bottles to NASCAR or F1 fans, you might miss the mark. Take the time to figure out who your ideal audience is so you’re not trying to sell things to the wrong people all the time. Here are a few hints: There is no product that’s for everyone. Period. No matter how useful or exceptional it is. And the more you refine your ideal customer profile, the less time and money you’ll waste. This is the single most important step for every business.
2. One simple but effective lead generation strategy is to offer a freebie for contact information. This can be anything from a white paper or e-book to a discount or coupon. Whatever you choose, make sure it is something that your target market would find valuable. Even short videos, one-on-one consultations, and more can be included as freebies that can draw people to your business. Make every lead magnet unique and useful.
3. Another great way to generate leads is through networking. Get involved in local industry events or trade shows and make connections with potential customers. Attend business lunches and other functions where you can hand out your business card and start building relationships.
4. You can also generate leads through online marketing. The easiest is to set up ads on Google, Facebook, or nearly any other social media site. The key to success with online marketing is to be extremely clear on who your audience is and which websites you will find them on. For example, if your audience is male professionals looking to purchase industrial HVAC units, Pinterest is probably not the right place to spend money. Google also allows you to advertise on other websites through AdSense; this means your ad for industrial HVAC units might appear on a website that sells industrial manufacturing machines.
5. Use search engine optimization techniques to improve your website’s visibility and make sure your target keywords are included in your content. SEO is all the rage, but Google is very clear: write for humans, not machines. If people stay on your website longer and link back to your website, Google will rank you higher and you’ll see more visitors. Also, SEO, despite how it’s presented by some businesses, is not an overnight idea. If someone promises you’ll get to #1 on Google be very skeptical. Anyone who is getting you to the top of Google is probably breaking the rules and might end up getting your website blacklisted. Getting off of Google’s blacklist is nearly impossible and will wreck your business.
6. You can also use social media to reach out to potential customers and build relationships. Too often, we’re just shouting into social media how great we are. You want people to come to your social media profiles for information they can use. Post interesting content, answer questions, and engage with your followers. This will help you build a relationship with potential customers and show them that you are an expert in your industry. Don’t forget to ask questions, too. People like to interact.
7. Add live chat to your website. Customers in the 21st century expect to speak to a human quickly. Live chat allows them to contact someone instantly without needing to be tied up on the phone. Using chat, people can keep doing whatever they’re doing and check or respond to a chime. Chat functions have become hugely popular and are almost expected in some industries. You don’t have to hire a 24 hour staff either; there are companies, like VSynergize, that can help you answer those chats at 3 A.M. and give your clients someone to talk to.
8. Finally, don’t forget about the power of word-of-mouth marketing. Ask your satisfied customers to refer you to their friends and family. This is one of the most effective lead generation strategies because it comes from a trusted source. Networking in person helps to keep your business top-of-mind for anyone seeking your services.
Implementing these lead generation strategies will help you increase your sales and grow your business. None of these strategies is a one-off deal. Each of them needs to be done repeatedly and consistently. Each social media platform, SEO activities, and even networking should be done regularly to ensure that the leads pipeline is always filled.
You’ll notice that there are no real “secrets” here. That’s because there are no shortcuts to generating leads. It’s about planning, researching, and consistency.
So get out there and start generating some leads!
Learn about outsourcing your lead generation, Outsourcing Your Lead Generation – How To Get This Done Right.